Inflammatory Bowel Disease Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s
Jessica Cintolo, Scott Q. Nguyen, M.D., Celia Divino, M.D.
Review of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Crohn Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Pseudomembranous Colitis
Update on the Medical Treatment of Crohn’s Disease
Dahlia Awais, MD, MS
Correlation Between Bacteria and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Approach To The Patient with Chronic Diarrhea
Eric M. Osgard MD FACG
Cutaneous Manifestations of Systemic Disease
Holly Edmonds, MD
Medical Nutrition Therapy for Disorders of the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
Nursing Care of Clients with Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders
Program for Autoimmune Disease Intervention (PADI)
Latest 200 published articles:
1. Clinical Efficacy of Beclomethasone Dipropionate in Korean Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Lee, Y.J., et al., Yonsei Med J, 2017. 58(1): p. 144-149.
2. Study on the physicochemical properties and anti-inflammatory effects of paeonol in rats with TNBS-induced ulcerative colitis Zong, S.Y., et al., Int Immunopharmacol, 2016. 42: p. 32-38.
3. Preoperative Anti-tumor Necrosis Factor Therapy in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Is Not Associated with an Increased Risk of Infectious and Noninfectious Complications After Ileal Pouch-anal Anastomosis Zittan, E., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(10): p. 2442-7.
4. Ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis: a Canadian institution's experience Zittan, E., et al., Int J Colorectal Dis, 2016.
5. Cytomegalovirus Reactivation in Ulcerative Colitis: What Can We Learn From Pathology? Zidar, N. and K. Tepes, Am J Gastroenterol, 2016. 111(11): p. 1658.
6. The association between vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels with ulcerative colitis in Chinese Han population Zheng, S.Z., et al., Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol, 2016.
7. [Efficacy of Yunnan Baiyao as an adjuvant treatment for active ulcerative colitis: an open-label randomized controlled study] Zhao, W.Z., et al., Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao, 2016. 36(9): p. 1186-1191.
8. Cell surface-anchored syndecan-1 ameliorates intestinal inflammation and neutrophil transmigration in ulcerative colitis Zhang, Y., et al., J Cell Mol Med, 2016.
9. Skeletal muscle depletion correlates with disease activity in ulcerative colitis and is reversed after colectomy Zhang, T., et al., Clin Nutr, 2016.
10. Mucosa-reparing and microbiota-balancing therapeutic effect of Bacillus subtilis alleviates dextrate sulfate sodium-induced ulcerative colitis in mice Zhang, H.L., et al., Exp Ther Med, 2016. 12(4): p. 2554-2562.
11. Therapeutic effects of triptolide via the inhibition of IL-1beta expression in a mouse model of ulcerative colitis Zhang, H., et al., Exp Ther Med, 2016. 12(3): p. 1279-1286.
12. Diagnostic evaluation of appendiceal orifice inflammation in ulcerative colitis Zhan, D.Q., et al., Turk J Gastroenterol, 2016. 27(5): p. 444-449.
13. Budesonide foam for mild to moderate distal ulcerative colitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis Zeng, J., L. Lv, and Z.C. Mei, J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
14. De novo Crohn's Disease after Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis for Ulcerative Colitis and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Unclassified: Long-Term Follow-Up of a Prospective Inflammatory Bowel Disease Registry Zaghiyan, K., et al., Am Surg, 2016. 82(10): p. 977-981.
15. Simultaneous determination of anemoside B4, p., berberine, palmatine, obakunone, esculin, esculetin in rat plasma by UPLC-ESI-MS/MS and its application to a comparative pharmacokinetic study in normal and ulcerative colitis rats Yang, L., et al., J Pharm Biomed Anal, 2016. 134: p. 43-52.
16. CBLB502 administration protects gut mucosal tissue in ulcerative colitis by inhibiting inflammation Xu, Y., et al., Ann Transl Med, 2016. 4(16): p. 301.
17. Mucoadhesive chitosan hydrogels as rectal drug delivery vessels to treat ulcerative colitis Xu, J., et al., Acta Biomater, 2016.
18. Infliximab versus ciclosporin for steroid-resistant acute severe ulcerative colitis (CONSTRUCT): a mixed methods, o.-l., pragmatic randomised trial Williams, J. G., et al., Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016. 1(1): p. 15-24.
19. The Impact of Biological Interventions for Ulcerative Colitis on Health-Related Quality of Life Whitehead, L., Am J Nurs, 2016. 116(11): p. 21.
20. Pectin enhances the effect of fecal microbiota transplantation in ulcerative colitis by delaying the loss of diversity of gut flora Wei, Y., et al., J Transl Med, 2016. 16(1): p. 255.
21. Comparison of Targeted vs Random Biopsies for Surveillance of Ulcerative Colitis-Associated Colorectal Cancer Watanabe, T., et al., Gastroenterology, 2016. 151(6): p. 1122-1130.
22. Antiviral Treatment for Colonic Cytomegalovirus Infection in Ulcerative Colitis Patients Significantly Improved Their Surgery Free Survival Wang, Y., et al., J Clin Gastroenterol, 2016.
23. Colon targeted oral drug delivery system based on alginate-chitosan microspheres loaded with icariin in the treatment of ulcerative colitis Wang, Q.S., et al., Int J Pharm, 2016. 515(1-2): p. 176-185.
24. Carbohydrate and protein intake and risk of ulcerative colitis: Systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of epidemiological studies Wang, F., et al., Clin Nutr, 2016.
25. Systematic Review with Network Meta-Analysis: Comparative Efficacy of Biologics in the Treatment of Moderately to Severely Active Ulcerative Colitis Vickers, A.D., et al., PLoS One, 2016. 11(10): p. e0165435.
26. Predictors of tissue healing in ulcerative colitis patients treated with anti-TNF Viazis, N., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
27. Long-term Follow-up After Ileorectal Anastomosis for Ulcerative Colitis: A GETAID/GETAID Chirurgie Multicenter Retrospective Cohort of 343 Patients Uzzan, M., et al., Ann Surg, 2016.
28. Pouchitis in Pediatric Ulcerative Colitis Patients After Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis Uchida, K., et al., J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, 2016. 63(6): p. e211.
29. Effectiveness of golimumab in inducing remission and clinical response in outpatient ulcerative colitis Tursi, A., et al., Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol, 2016. 40(5): p. e61-e63.
30. Concomitant hidradenitis suppurativa and pyostomatitis vegetans in silent ulcerative colitis successfully treated with golimumab Tursi, A., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
31. Once- Versus Twice-daily Mesalazine to Induce Remission in Paediatric Ulcerative Colitis: A Randomised Controlled Trial Turner, D., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
32. CDX2 expression induced by leukocytapheresis might be associated with mucosal healing in ulcerative colitis Tsuchiya, K., et al., J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
33. A review of the cost-effectiveness of vedolizumab for treating moderate- to severely active ulcerative colitis Tsai, H.H. and C. Black, Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res, 2016. 16(6): p. 679-683.
34. An uncommon presentation of ulcerative colitis Tp, R., et al., J Assoc Physicians India, 2016. 64(1): p. 106.
35. Could Total Colectomy with Ileorectal Anastomosis Be an Alternative to Total Proctocolectomy with Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis in Selected Ulcerative Colitis Patients? Tonelli, F., C. Di Martino, and F. Giudici, Gastroenterol Res Pract, 2016. 2016: p. 5832743.
36. Cytokine levels after consumption of a Medicinal Agaricus blazei Murill-based Mushroom Extract, A., in Patients with Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis in a Randomized Single-Blinded Placebo Controlled Study Therkelsen, S. P., et al., Scand J Immunol, 2016.
37. A Single Species of Clostridium Subcluster XIVa Decreased in Ulcerative Colitis Patients Takeshita, K., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(12): p. 2802-2810.
38. Successful Use of Tocilizumab in a Patient with Coexisting Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ulcerative Colitis Szeto, M.C., et al., Case Reports Immunol, 2016. 2016: p. 7562123.
39. Endoscopic morphological features of ulcerative colitis-associated dysplasia classified according to the SCENIC consensus statement Sugimoto, S., et al., Gastroenterol Res Pract, 2016.
40. Genetic Predictors of Benign Course of Ulcerative Colitis-A North American Inflammatory Bowel Disease Genetics Consortium Study Sticlaru, L., et al., Dis Markers, 2016. 22(10): p. 2311-6.
41. Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis: A narrative review Sofo, L., et al., World J Gastrointest Surg, 2016. 8(8): p. 556-63.
42. MANAGEMENT OF ACUTE SEVERE ULCERATIVE COLITIS: A CLINICAL UPDATE Sobrado, C.W. and L.F. Sobrado, Arq Bras Cir Dig, 2016. 29(3): p. 201-205.
43. Incidence and Prevalence of Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis in Olmsted County, M.F.T.S., R., et al., Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
44. Leucine-rich Alpha-2 Glycoprotein is a Serum Biomarker of Mucosal Healing in Ulcerative Colitis Shinzaki, S., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
45. Hand-assisted laparoscopic restorative proctocolectomy for ulcerative colitis Shimada, N., et al., World J Gastrointest Surg, 2016. 8(8): p. 578-82.
46. Oral administration of Lentinus edodes beta-glucans ameliorates DSS-induced ulcerative colitis in mice via MAPK-Elk-1 and MAPK-PPARgamma pathways Shi, L., et al., Food Funct, 2016. 7(11): p. 4614-4627.
47. The Evaluation of Postoperative Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Shen, B., Mediators Inflamm, 2016. 26(4): p. 669-77.
48. Successful colonoscopic fecal microbiota transplantation for active ulcerative colitis: First report from India Seth, A.K., et al., Indian J Gastroenterol, 2016. 35(5): p. 393-395.
49. Central Retinal Vein Occlusion Associated with Ulcerative Colitis Seo, Y., et al., Optom Vis Sci, 2016. 93(12): p. 1567-1570.
50. Increased Proliferation of the Ileal Epithelium as a Remote Effect of Ulcerative Colitis Sedghi, S., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(10): p. 2369-81.
51. Ozanimod Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis Sandborn, W.J. and B.G. Feagan, N Engl J Med, 2016. 375(8): p. e17.
52. An Unusual Case of Intestinal Obstruction in Ulcerative Colitis Sanchez-Guillen, L., F. Blanco-Antona, and M. Millan-Scheiding, Gastroenterology, 2016. 151(6): p. e12-e14.
53. Resveratrol Supplementation and Oxidative/Anti-Oxidative Status in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis: A Randomized, D.-B., Placebo-controlled Pilot Study Samsamikor, M., et al., Arch Med Res, 2016. 47(4): p. 304-9.
54. Ferulic acid ameliorates TNBS-induced ulcerative colitis through modulation of cytokines, o.s., iNOs, COX-2, and apoptosis in laboratory rats Sadar, S. S., N.S. Vyawahare, and S.L. Bodhankar, Excli j, 2016. 15: p. 482-499.
55. Yellow fever vaccination during treatment with infliximab in a patient with ulcerative colitis: A case report Ruddel, J., et al., Z Gastroenterol, 2016. 54(9): p. 1081-4.
56. Protective Effect of Amphipterygium adstringens Extract on Dextran Sulphate Sodium-Induced Ulcerative Colitis in Mice Rodriguez-Canales, M., et al., 2016. 2016: p. 8543561.
57. Development of an indirect immunofluorescence based assay for diagnosis of ulcerative colitis in Indian population Rodrigues, A.V., et al., Immunol Lett, 2016. 181: p. 20-25.
58. Erratum: A protein-truncating R179X variant in RNF186 confers protection against ulcerative colitis Rivas, M.A., et al., Nat Commun, 2016. 7: p. 12869.
59. [Cutaneous involvement in chronic inflammatory bowel disease : Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis] Richter, L. and K. Rappersberger, Hautarzt, 2016.
60. Reens, J., M.o.i.a.p.w.a.u.c.I.t.a.r.w.t.d.a.t.u.o.g.t.y.b.A.b.r.o.t.l., et al., PLoS One, 2016. 167(4): p. 121-3.
61. IBD: A role for GATA3 in ulcerative colitis Ray, K., Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016. 13(11): p. 624.
62. Claudin-2 Expression Levels in Ulcerative Colitis: Development and Validation of an In-Situ Hybridisation Assay for Therapeutic Studies Randall, K. and N. Henderson, 2016. 11(9): p. e0162076.
63. Involvement of PPARgamma in the protective action of tropisetron in an experimental model of ulcerative colitis Rahimian, R., et al., Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol, 2016: p. 1-9.
64. Anti TNF-alpha therapy for ulcerative colitis: current status and prospects for the future Pugliese, D., et al., Expert Rev Clin Immunol, 2016: p. 1-11.
65. Rate and Predictors of Mucosal Healing in Ulcerative Colitis Treated with Thiopurines: Results of a Multicentric Cohort Study Prieux-Klotz, C., et al., Dig Dis Sci, 2016.
66. Expression Profile of p53 and p21 in Large Bowel Mucosa as Biomarkers of Inflammatory-Related Carcinogenesis in Ulcerative Colitis Popp, C., et al., 2016. 2016: p. 3625279.
67. The dual role of Escherichia coli in the course of ulcerative colitis Pilarczyk-Zurek, M., et al., BMC Gastroenterol, 2016. 16(1): p. 128.
68. The influence of lipoic acid on caveolin-1-regulated antioxidative enzymes in the mouse model of acute ulcerative colitis Piechota-Polanczyk, A., et al., Biomed Pharmacother, 2016. 84: p. 470-475.
69. Concomitant herpes simplex virus colitis and hepatitis in a man with ulcerative colitis: Case report and review of the literature Phadke, V.K., et al., Medicine (Baltimore), 2016. 95(42): p. e5082.
70. Implementing the Concept of Continuous Clinical Response Into Clinical Practice for Ulcerative Colitis Peyrin-Biroulet, L., et al., Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
71. Systematic review: outcomes and post-operative complications following colectomy for ulcerative colitis Peyrin-Biroulet, L., et al., Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 44(8): p. 807-16.
72. Ethnic variations in ulcerative colitis: Experience of an international hospital in Thailand Permpoon, V., K. Pongpirul, and S. Anuras, World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 7(3): p. 428-33.
73. Role of Histologic Inflammation in the Natural History of Ulcerative Colitis Patil, D.T., A.C. Moss, and R.D. Odze, Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am, 2016. 26(4): p. 629-40.
74. Histological Disease Activity as a Predictor of Clinical Relapse Among Patients With Ulcerative Colitis: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Park, S., et al., Am J Gastroenterol, 2016.
75. Direct and Indirect Effects of Tofacitinib on Treatment Satisfaction in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Panes, J., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016. 10(11): p. 1310-1315.
76. The long-term effects of probiotics in the therapy of ulcerative colitis: A clinical study Palumbo, V.D., et al., Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub, 2016. 160(3): p. 372-7.
77. An uncommon presentation of ulcerative colitis P, R.T., et al., J Assoc Physicians India, 2016. 64(1): p. 85.
78. A Case of Ulcerative Colitis Following Acute Hepatitis Induced by Epstein-Barr Virus Infection Oh, S.H., et al., Korean J Gastroenterol, 2016. 68(2): p. 104-8.
79. Controversies in J Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis: A Focus on Handsewn Versus Stapled Anastomosis Nobel, T., S. Khaitov, and A.J. Greenstein, Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(9): p. 2302-9.
80. Clinical usefulness of narrow band imaging magnifying colonoscopy for assessing ulcerative colitis-associated cancer/dysplasia Nishiyama, S., et al., Endosc Int Open, 2016. 4(11): p. E1183-e1187.
81. Efficacy and safety of single fecal microbiota transplantation for Japanese patients with mild to moderately active ulcerative colitis Nishida, A., et al., J Gastroenterol, 2016.
82. Coordinated Hospital-Home Fecal Microbiota Transplantation via Percutaneous Endoscopic Cecostomy for Recurrent Steroid-Dependent Ulcerative Colitis Ni, X., et al., Gut Liver, 2016. 10(6): p. 975-980.
83. Recent trends and future directions for the medical treatment of ulcerative colitis Naganuma, M., et al., Clin J Gastroenterol, 2016. 9(6): p. 329-336.
84. Ozanimod Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis Mutneja, H.R., S. Arora, and A. Vij, N Engl J Med, 2016. 375(8): p. e17.
85. Neutrophils in ulcerative colitis: a review of selected biomarkers and their potential therapeutic implications Muthas, D., et al., Scand J Gastroenterol, 2016: p. 1-11.
86. Impairment of Small Intestinal Function in Ulcerative Colitis: Role of Enteric Innervation Mourad, F.H., K.A. Barada, and N.E. Saade, J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
87. Comparison of Cytokine and Efflux Transporter Expression in Pediatric vs. Adult Onset Ulcerative Colitis Mlakar, A.S., et al., J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, 2016.
88. Extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli are associated with intestinal inflammation in patients with ulcerative colitis Mirsepasi-Lauridsen, H.C., et al., Sci Rep, 2016. 6: p. 31152.
89. Simultaneous Presentation of Idiopathic Duct-Centric Pancreatitis and Ulcerative Colitis Marques, S., et al., ACG Case Rep J, 2016. 3(4): p. e131.
90. BBI-D-16-00318R1, I.u.c.a.r.d.C.o.F.a.a.h.F.b.a.e.c.b.a.m.e.a.s.i., Brain Behav Immun, 2016.
91. Disease Severity and Immune Activity Relate to Distinct Interkingdom Gut Microbiome States in Ethnically Distinct Ulcerative Colitis Patients Mar, J.S., et al., MBio, 2016. 7(4).
92. Systematic review with meta-analysis: comparative efficacy of immunosuppressants and biologics for reducing hospitalisation and surgery in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis Mao, E.J., et al., Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016.
93. Oral manifestations of gastrointestinal diseases in children. Part 3: Ulcerative colitis and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease Mantegazza, C., F. Angiero, and G.V. Zuccotti, Eur J Paediatr Dent, 2016. 17(3): p. 248-250.
94. Efficacy and Safety of Oral Beclomethasone Dipropionate in Ulcerative Colitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Manguso, F., et al., PLoS One, 2016. 11(11): p. e0166455.
95. Accuracy of Faecal Calprotectin and Neutrophil Gelatinase B-associated Lipocalin in Evaluating Subclinical Inflammation in UlceRaTIVE Colitis-the ACERTIVE study Magro, F., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
96. Patients with longstanding ulcerative colitis in remission do not have more irritable bowel syndrome-like symptoms than controls Lundgren, D., et al., BMC Gastroenterol, 2016. 16(1): p. 139.
97. Ileal pouch-anal anastomosis 20 years later: is it still a good surgical option for patients with ulcerative colitis? Lorenzo, G., et al., Int J Colorectal Dis, 2016. 31(12): p. 1835-1843.
98. Perceived Emotional and Psychological Impact of Ulcerative Colitis on Outpatients in Spain: UC-LIFE Survey Lopez-Sanroman, A., et al., Dig Dis Sci, 2016.
99. Long-term Efficacy of Vedolizumab for Ulcerative Colitis Loftus, E.V., Jr., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
100. Elderly Adults with Late-Onset Ulcerative Colitis Tend to Have Atypical, M.I.C.P.b.H.S.R.a.M.A.T.S.o.I.B.D.S.L., et al., J Am Geriatr Soc, 2016. 64(10): p. e95-e97.
101. Novel MicroRNA Signature to Differentiate Ulcerative Colitis from Crohn Disease: A Genome-Wide Study Using Next Generation Sequencing Lin, J., et al., Microrna, 2016.
102. Fecal microbiota in pouchitis and ulcerative colitis Li, K.Y., et al., World J Gastroenterol, 2016. 22(40): p. 8929-8939.
103. Colonic biogeography in health and ulcerative colitis Lavelle, A., et al., Gut Microbes, 2016. 7(5): p. 435-42.
104. A Case of Thiopurine-Induced Acute Myocarditis in a Patient with Ulcerative Colitis Latushko, A. and L.J. Ghazi, Dig Dis Sci, 2016. 61(12): p. 3633-3634.
105. Stress, c.a.s.n.o.p.w.u.c.o.C.s.d.a.q.d.s.L., K., L. Loof, and K. Nordin, J Clin Nurs, 2016.
106. Autophagy-related protein 7 level in patients with ulcerative colitis Lankarani, K.B., et al., Scand J Gastroenterol, 2016: p. 1.
107. alphaEbeta7 integrin identifies subsets of pro-inflammatory colonic CD4+ T lymphocytes in ulcerative colitis Lamb, C.A., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
108. Low prevalence of dysplastic polyps in patients with ulcerative colitis Laish, I., et al., Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol, 2016.
109. Adsorptive Granulocyte and Monocyte Apheresis in the Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: The First Multicenter Study in China Lai, Y.M., et al., Gut Liver, 2016.
110. Interleukin-10 is differentially expressed in the small intestine and the colon experiencing chronic inflammation and ulcerative colitis induced by dextran sodium sulfate in young pigs Lackeyram, D., et al., Physiol Res, 2016.
111. Failure of Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in a Three-Year-Old Child with Severe Refractory Ulcerative Colitis Kumagai, H., et al., Pediatr Gastroenterol Hepatol Nutr, 2016. 19(3): p. 214-220.
112. Midkine is up-regulated in both cancerous and inflamed bowel, r.l.n.m.i.c.c.a.c.a.o.u.c.K.-K., M., et al., Cytokine, 2016.
113. Inflammatory regulatory T cells in the microenvironments of ulcerative colitis and colon carcinoma Kryczek, I., et al., Oncoimmunology, 2016. 5(8): p. e1105430.
114. Fulminant ulcerative colitis complicated by treatment-refractory bacteremia Krease, M., et al., Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent), 2016. 29(4): p. 407-408.
115. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis): Cost of Treatment in Serbia and the Implications Kostic, M., et al., Appl Health Econ Health Policy, 2016.
116. Tacrolimus Therapy for Three Patients with Elderly-Onset Ulcerative Colitis: Report of Three Cases Kobayashi, R., S. Matsumoto, and Y. Yoshida, Case Rep Gastroenterol, 2016. 10(2): p. 392-398.
117. [Long-term infliximab therapy for ulcerative colitis in real clinical practice] Knyazev, O.V., et al., Ter Arkh, 2016. 88(8): p. 46-52.
118. Stool DNA Analysis is Cost-Effective for Colorectal Cancer Surveillance in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis Kisiel, J.B., et al., Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016. 14(12): p. 1778-1787.e8.
119. [Morphological changes in the colonic muscular layer and interstitial cells of Cajal in experimental acute ulcerative colitis] Kiryukhin, S.O. and O.V. Makarova, Arkh Patol, 2016. 78(5): p. 27-32.
120. Can narrow-band imaging of Peyer's patches predict the recurrence of ulcerative colitis? Kim, Y.J., Intest Res, 2016. 14(4): p. 295-296.
121. Treatment Targets in Ulcerative Colitis Khanna, R. and V. Jairath, Gastroenterology, 2016.
122. Oral Contraceptive Use and Risk of Ulcerative Colitis Progression: A Nationwide Study Khalili, H., et al., Am J Gastroenterol, 2016. 111(11): p. 1614-1620.
123. Restoring Mucosal Barrier Function and Modifying Macrophage Phenotype with an Extracellular Matrix Hydrogel: Potential Therapy for Ulcerative Colitis Keane, T.J., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
124. Spinal epidural abscess: a rare complication of ulcerative colitis after ileal pouch anal anastomosis Kawamura, M., et al., Surg Case Rep, 2016. 2(1): p. 128.
125. An indirect comparison of infliximab versus adalimumab or golimumab for active ulcerative colitis Kawalec, P. and A. Pilc, Arch Med Sci, 2016. 12(5): p. 1097-1109.
126. Role of synbiotics in polysaccharide assisted colon targeted microspheres of Mesalamine for the treatment of ulcerative colitis Kaur, R., M. Gulati, and S.K. Singh, Int J Biol Macromol, 2016.
127. Intestinal Intravascular Large B-cell Lymphoma Mimicking Ulcerative Colitis with Secondary Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis Kaneyuki, D., et al., Intern Med, 2016. 55(17): p. 2475-81.
128. The Role of Syndrome Differentiation in the Clinical Efficacy of Punica Granatum on Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Kamali, M., et al., Iran J Med Sci, 2016. 41(3 Suppl): p. S15.
129. IBS-like Symptoms in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis in Deep Remission Are Associated with Increased Levels of Serum Cytokines and Poor Psychological Well-being Jonefjall, B., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(11): p. 2630-2640.
130. Repeated intensified infliximab induction - results from an 11-year prospective study of ulcerative colitis using a novel treatment algorithm Johnsen, K.M., et al., Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
131. Review of Clinical Studies of the Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis Using Acupuncture and Moxibustion Ji, J., et al., 2016. 2016: p. 9248589.
132. Regulatory effects of glycyrrhizae radix extract on DSS-induced ulcerative colitis Jeon, Y.D., et al., BMC Complement Altern Med, 2016. 16(1): p. 459.
133. A Simplified Geboes Score for Ulcerative Colitis Jauregui-Amezaga, A., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
134. Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor: a novel therapeutic target in ulcerative colitis Izzo, R., M.M. Figliuzzi, and G. Monteleone, Expert Rev Clin Immunol, 2016. 12(11): p. 1137-1139.
135. Outcome and functional prognosis of pelvic sepsis after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis in patients with ulcerative colitis Ide, S., et al., Surg Today, 2016.
136. Effectiveness of adalimumab for the treatment of ulcerative colitis in clinical practice: comparison between anti-tumour necrosis factor-naive and non-naive patients Iborra, M., et al., J Gastroenterol, 2016.
137. Erratum to: Effectiveness of adalimumab for the treatment of ulcerative colitis in clinical practice: comparison between anti-tumour necrosis factor-naive and non-naive patients Iborra, M., et al., J Gastroenterol, 2016.
138. Safety and therapeutic effect of mesenchymal stem cell infusion on moderate to severe ulcerative colitis Hu, J., et al., Exp Ther Med, 2016. 12(5): p. 2983-2989.
139. Narrow-band imaging with magnifying endoscopy for Peyer's patches is useful in predicting the recurrence of remissive patients with ulcerative colitis Hiyama, S., et al., Intest Res, 2016. 14(4): p. 314-321.
140. Acute severe ulcerative colitis: from pathophysiology to clinical management Hindryckx, P., V. Jairath, and G. D'Haens, Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016. 13(11): p. 654-664.
141. Pouchitis after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis in ulcerative colitis: diagnosis, m., risk factors, and incidence Hata, K., et al., Dig Endosc, 2016.
142. Prospective Evaluation of Terminal Ileitis in a Surveillance Population of Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Hamilton, M.J., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(10): p. 2448-55.
143. Long-term outcome after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis Hahnloser, D. and J. Pemberton, ANZ J Surg, 2016. 86(10): p. 741-742.
144. A cross-ethnic survey of CFB and SLC44A4, I.u.c.G.h., underscores their potential role in disease susceptibility Gupta, A., et al., Eur J Hum Genet, 2016.
145. Autonomic nervous system function predicts the inflammatory response over three years in newly diagnosed ulcerative colitis patients Gunterberg, V., et al., Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016. 28(11): p. 1655-1662.
146. Loss of interleukin 33 expression in colonic crypts - a potential marker for disease remission in ulcerative colitis Gundersen, M.D., et al., Sci Rep, 2016. 6: p. 35403.
147. Beyond Histological Remission: Intramucosal Calprotectin as a Potential Predictor of Outcomes in Ulcerative Colitis Guirgis, M., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
148. [Quality of Life after colectomy due to ulcerative colitis] Gudlaugsdottir, K., E.B. Valsdottir, and T.B. Stefansson, Laeknabladid, 2016. 102(11): p. 482-489.
149. A National Survey of the Prevalence and Impact of Cytomegalovirus Infection Among Hospitalized Patients With Ulcerative Colitis Grossberg, L.B., et al., J Clin Gastroenterol, 2016.
150. Lycopene, L.a.Z.M.R.F.B., Mucus and Pus but not Abdominal Pain in Individuals with Ulcerative Colitis Glabska, D., et al., Nutrients, 2016. 8(10).
151. Epidemiological and clinical aspects of ulcerative colitis in west of Iran: a cross sectional study Ghanadi, K., J. Valizadeh, and A. Hasanvand, Springerplus, 2016. 5(1): p. 1588.
152. Molecular topology: a strategy to identify novel compounds against ulcerative colitis Galvez-Llompart, M., et al., Mol Divers, 2016.
153. Assessment of the Family History of Patients With Ulcerative Colitis at a Single Center in Japan Fujii, T., et al., J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr, 2016. 63(5): p. 512-515.
154. Accuracies of fecal calprotectin, l., M2-pyruvate kinase, neopterin and zonulin to predict the response to infliximab in ulcerative colitis Frin, A. C., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
155. Disease patterns in late-onset ulcerative colitis: Results from the IG-IBD "AGED study" Fries, W., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
156. Immunological profiling of patients with ulcerative colitis leads to identification of two inflammatory conditions and CD1a as a disease marker Fohlinger, M., et al., 2016. 14(1): p. 310.
157. The use of a segmental endoscopic score may improve the prediction of clinical outcomes in acute severe ulcerative colitis Fernandes, S.R., et al., Rev Esp Enferm Dig, 2016. 108(11): p. 697-702.
158. Efficacy of Vedolizumab Induction and Maintenance Therapy in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis, R.o.P.E.t.T.A.F., B. G., et al., Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016.
159. Effects of vedolizumab on health-related quality of life in patients with ulcerative colitis: results from the randomised GEMINI 1 trial Feagan, B.G., et al., Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016.
160. Efficacy of Infliximab Biosimilar CT-P13 Induction Therapy on Mucosal Healing in Ulcerative Colitis Farkas, K., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016. 10(11): p. 1273-1278.
161. Sphingolipids in neutrophil function and inflammatory responses: Mechanisms and implications for intestinal immunity and inflammation in ulcerative colitis Espaillat, M.P., R.R. Kew, and L.M. Obeid, Adv Biol Regul, 2016.
162. Randomized, d.-b., placebo-controlled trial of CCR9-targeted leukapheresis treatment of ulcerative colitis patients Eberhardson, M., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
163. Elucidating the gut microbiome of ulcerative colitis: bifidobacteria as novel microbial biomarkers Duranti, S., et al., FEMS Microbiol Ecol, 2016. 92(12).
164. Alterations in the epithelial stem cell compartment could contribute to permanent changes in the mucosa of patients with ulcerative colitis Dotti, I., et al., Gut, 2016.
165. Ameliorating Active Ulcerative Colitis via an Orally Available Toll-Like Receptor-9 Modifier: A Prospective Open-Label, M.P.I.T.D., I., et al., Dig Dis Sci, 2016. 61(11): p. 3246-3254.
166. Integrative Network-based Analysis of Colonic Detoxification Gene Expression in Ulcerative Colitis According to Smoking Status Ding, Y.P., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016.
167. Soluble ST2 is a sensitive clinical marker of ulcerative colitis evolution Diaz-Jimenez, D., et al., BMC Gastroenterol, 2016. 16: p. 103.
168. Systematic review: second-generation vs. conventional corticosteroids for induction of remission in ulcerative colitis D'Haens, G., Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 44(10): p. 1018-1029.
169. Beneficial effect of Amorphophallus paeoniifolius tuber on experimental ulcerative colitis in rats Dey, Y.N., et al., Pharm Biol, 2016: p. 1-10.
170. Outcome of acute severe ulcerative colitis in patients previously exposed to immunosuppressive therapy Deiana, S., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
171. Male-specific association between MT-ND4 11719 A/G polymorphism and ulcerative colitis: a mitochondria-wide genetic association study Dankowski, T., et al., BMC Gastroenterol, 2016. 16(1): p. 118.
172. Clinical presentation and treatment strategies for ulcerative colitis: A retrospective study of 247 inpatients Dai, Y.C., et al., Chin J Integr Med, 2016. 22(11): p. 811-816.
173. Letter: anti-matrix metalloproteinase-9 monoclonal antibody GS-5745 for ulcerative colitis Cui, D.J., H. Chen, and M. Hu, Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 44(7): p. 767.
174. Blastocystis in ulcerative colitis patients: Genetic diversity and analysis of laboratory findings Coskun, A., et al., Asian Pac J Trop Med, 2016. 9(9): p. 916-9.
175. The 100 classic papers in ulcerative colitis: a bibliometric analysis Connelly, T.M., et al., Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016: p. 1-9.
176. Effects of concomitant immunomodulators on the pharmacokinetics, e.a.s.o.a.i.p.w.C.s.d.o.u.c.w.h.f.c.t.C., J. F., et al., Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016.
177. Effect of Long Noncoding RNA H19 Overexpression on Intestinal Barrier Function and Its Potential Role in the Pathogenesis of Ulcerative Colitis Chen, S.W., et al., Inflamm Bowel Dis, 2016. 22(11): p. 2582-2592.
178. Protective effects of Huangqin Decoction against ulcerative colitis and associated cancer in mice Chen, G., et al., Oncotarget, 2016.
179. Prevalence of Colonic Diverticulosis in Patients Affected by Ulcerative Colitis: A Prospective Study Cassieri, C., et al., J Clin Gastroenterol, 2016. 50 Suppl 1: p. S33-5.
180. Fecal Microbiota-based Therapeutics for Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infection, U.C.a.O.C., C., E.O. Petrof, and E. Allen-Vercoe, EBioMedicine, 2016.
181. Investigation of IL23R, J., and STAT3 gene polymorphisms and gene-gene interactions in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in a Turkish population Can, G., et al., Turk J Gastroenterol, 2016. 27(6): p. 525-536.
182. Oral Vancomycin Therapy in a Child with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and Severe Ulcerative Colitis Buness, C., K.D. Lindor, and T. Miloh, Pediatr Gastroenterol Hepatol Nutr, 2016. 19(3): p. 210-213.
183. Online Social Support for Participants of Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Groups Britt, R.K., Health Commun, 2016: p. 1-10.
184. A low-cost method for chromoendoscopy for surveillance in ulcerative colitis Bopanna, S., S. Kedia, and V. Ahuja, Indian J Gastroenterol, 2016.
185. Implementation of the French national consensus for the management of ulcerative colitis into clinical practice Bonnaud, G., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
186. The problem of adherence to therapy in ulcerative colitis and the potential utility of multi-matrix system (MMX) technology Bezzio, C., et al., Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol, 2016: p. 1-9.
187. MicroRNAs Expression in the Ileal Pouch of Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Is Robustly Up-Regulated and Correlates with Disease Phenotypes Ben-Shachar, S., et al., PLoS One, 2016. 11(8): p. e0159956.
188. Correction: MicroRNAs Expression in the Ileal Pouch of Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Is Robustly Up-Regulated and Correlates with Disease Phenotypes Ben-Shachar, S., et al., PLoS One, 2016. 11(10): p. e0165220.
189. Real-Life Treatment Paradigms Show Adalimumab Is Cost-Effective for the Management of Ulcerative Colitis Beilman, C.L. and N.X. Thanh, 2016. 2016: p. 5315798.
190. Perceived Risks Contra Benefits of Using Biosimilar Drugs in Ulcerative Colitis: Discrete Choice Experiment among Gastroenterologists Baji, P., et al., Value Health Reg Issues, 2016. 10: p. 85-90.
191. Clinical Effects of a Topically Applied Toll-like Receptor 9 Agonist in Active Moderate-to-Severe Ulcerative Colitis Atreya, R., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016. 10(11): p. 1294-1302.
192. Vascular High Ligation and Embryological Dissection in Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy for Ulcerative Colitis Atasoy, D., et al., J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A, 2016.
193. The effect of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphisms on adverse events in patients with ulcerative colitis treated with tacrolimus Asada, A., et al., Dig Liver Dis, 2016.
194. Ulcerative Colitis in Colonic Interposition for Esophageal Atresia Arshad, H.M., E. Tetangco, and I. Elkhatib, ACG Case Rep J, 2016. 3(4): p. e149.
195. Biologics for the treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum in ulcerative colitis Arivarasan, K., et al., Intest Res, 2016. 14(4): p. 365-368.
196. The Ulcerative Colitis Endoscopic Index of Severity is Useful to Predict Medium- to Long-Term Prognosis in Ulcerative Colitis Patients with Clinical Remission Arai, M., et al., J Crohns Colitis, 2016. 10(11): p. 1303-1309.
197. [Thrombotic skin gangrene: A rare extra-intestinal manifestation of ulcerative colitis] Aounallah, A., et al., Ann Dermatol Venereol, 2016.
198. Update on medical and surgical options for patients with acute severe ulcerative colitis: What is new? Andrew, R.E. and E. Messaris, World J Gastrointest Surg, 2016. 8(9): p. 598-605.
199. A Rare Case of Colonic Leiomyosarcoma in Association with Ulcerative Colitis Akutsu, D., et al., Intern Med, 2016. 55(19): p. 2799-2803.
200. Attachment and perceived stress in patients with ulcerative colitis, a.c.-c.s.A., A., et al., J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, 2016. 23(9-10): p. 561-567.
26 November 2016
22 July 2016
Management of head injury
Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke
Carlos S. Kase, M.D.
Overview of Head Injury Management
Eldad J. Hadar, M.D.
Focus Of Neurocritical Care
Andrew M. Luks, MD
Rapid Neurologic Assessment
Management of Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Diagnosis & Treatment Protocol
Scott Weingart, MD
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury in children
Marc D. Berg, M.D.
Traumatic Brain Injury Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Emergency Trauma Course
Patrick Carter, MD ∙ Daniel Wachter, MD ∙ Rockefeller Oteng, MD ∙ Carl Seger, MD
Latest 380 published articles on Decompressive craniectomy
07 June 2016
Social Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive and Related disorders, and Trauma and Stressor-related Disorders
Heidi Combs, MD, Paul Zarkowski
Galina Gerasimova, Raeanne Perri, Marisa Sevilla, Joe Shen, Grace Velasquez
Ann M. Kring, Gerald C. Davison, John M. Neale & Sheri L. Johnson
Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders
Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology
Diagnostic criteria and common symptomologies
Pharmacologic Considerations in the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
Presented by: Ann M. Hamer, PharmD, BCPP
Symptoms of Anxiety
Changes For Anxiety Disorders
Survey of Modern Psychology
Physiology of Behavior
Neil R. Carlson
The Nature of Fear and Anxiety
Anxiety And Depression
Dennis Mungall , Pharm.D
Nature of Anxiety and Fear
500 Published articles on Social Anxiety Disorder